samedi 3 janvier 2015

Why is my Safari unable to open links from Google under VPN?


Safari 8.0.2, OS X 10.10.1--Problem occurring in Mac Pro 2009 and MBP ret 2012.


Once I log into my employer's VPN, Safari has a quite unique problem:




  • if I go to Google, do a search and click on any result link, I get a "Safari Can't Open the Page" screen




  • if I do the exact same Google search on Firefox or Chrome (latest versions) they will load the linked page without any problems




  • if I type any web address in the Safari URL bar, it will load that page normally



  • if I click on a Safari bookmark that page loads normally


This appears to be a problem localized to Safari and how Google redirects a search result to the appropriate URL. This problem does not happen with Yahoo or Bing.


Has anyone seen this behavior or know how to troubleshoot?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire