mardi 13 janvier 2015

Upgrade to Yosemite question


I'm planning on upgrading to Yosemite from Mavericks on a Mid-2010 MBP 15" with a Samsung 840 PRO drive as the primary drive. I have TRIM disabled! The process I want to use is as follows so I'm just looking for a validation please!




  1. Make sure Time Machine backup is current and good. I'll restore a single file to verify.




  2. Verify TRIM disabled via System Report. Shows "TRIM Support: No"




  3. Download installer from App Store and run upgrade in place.




  4. Once done, reboot.




If all is well:




  1. disable signed kernel extensions.




  2. Install TRIM Enabler




  3. Reboot




Should be done.


Are there any problems with this methodology that I should be aware of?


Is there a significant advantage to a clean install versus upgrade in place? I know there is for Windows, but I've upgraded this system twice now with no problems.


Thanks in advance for the advice.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire