dimanche 4 janvier 2015

rMBP kernel_task spikes when connecting more than one external monitor


When connecting a second external monitor kernel_task spikes to 600%+. This makes the computer unusable.


Here are the specifics:



  • When I connect one monitor to either DP or HDMI things work fine.

  • When I connect a second monitor with either DP or HDMI kernel_task spikes.

  • When I disconnect either the DP or HDMI sometimes the kernel_task rapidly returns to normal levels.

  • When I disconnect all monitors the kernel_task rapid returns to normal levels. (In Activity Monitor goto View > Update Frequency > Very Often and as soon as you disconnect the monitors, you will get lots of rapid updates to the UI).


What I have tried:



  • Resetting NVRAM.

  • Resetting SMC.

  • Attempting the above scenario with power adapter plugged in and running on battery.

  • Disabling "Automatic Graphics Switching" in Energy Saver.




I am running a MacBook Pro Retina 2.7Ghz i7 (Macbook10,1 / Mid 2012) running Yosemite 10.10.1.


I have 3 external monitors (Dell 2415H) with 2 connected by Display Port and 1 with the HDMI.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire