vendredi 30 janvier 2015

OSXFUSE, BindFS and HFS+ extended file attributes


I use BindFS with OSXFUSE to mount some folders on an external drive on mount points within my user home folder. This is a sample line from my fstab:



/Volumes/Content/Pictures /Users/Me/Pictures bindfs nobrowse,mirror=Me,volname=Pictures,xattr-none,local,multithreaded 0 0


Things work pretty well like this, except that if I turn the extended file attributes on (xattr-rw) I lose the writing capability on the mounts to a suspicious error:



The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50).



I am trying to put some order into my files using tags, and I need to turn the extended attributes on in order to read and write tags. I wonder if there is a way to turn HFS+'s extended file attributes on for the mounts created using OSXFUSE and BindFS. If not, is this a general, unresolved bug/incompatibility?


Some technical info: I am running Yosemite with the latest updates. I install OSXFUSE using Homebrew Cask and BindFS using Homebrew.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire