vendredi 23 janvier 2015

Make plex become my perfect media center by stopping metadata silliness, browse my directories?


I am in the process of making a media center with a Mac Mini. I guess I'm going to use Plex because it seems powerful and have a lot of followers/support. But I am sort of horrified at its forced use of the silly metadata retrievers (I have no desire for the fabulous movie posters displayed, and plex gets then wrong more than half of the time) and also very saddened that plex doesn't seem to have a configuration to simply allow me to surf in and out of subdirectories as I have set them up. I believe it wants to show me nice flat listings, whereas I guess I am old school and would like it to be able to show a subdirectory if one is present, and allow me to hop in and serve that new level, and so on.


Can you give me any advice for bending Plex to be close to my preferred way? For example,




  1. Totally disable the retrieval of meta-data for movies, and simply show the file name of the file for me to base my selection on...




  2. Allow me to move in and out of subdirectories, or something not too distant from that, rather than globbing all my movies in one mammoth linear list.




Giant thanks for any thoughts. Your advice could also be perhaps to switch to a different application altogether, such as XBMC or something... Hopefully I wouldn't take a major hit on functionality.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire