jeudi 15 janvier 2015

Mac preview crash everytime when searching


I would like to ask if you encountered similar error, and what have you done to solve it.



When I open multiple PDF files in Preview ( mainly text), and then search for some common substring like building, typing firstly b, then u, then i, then l, and usually preview crashes after typing 4-5 characters.



I emphasize I have opened 10-13 pdfs,(one is max 2 pages long), and it crashes everytime when I try to search by aforementioned method. Has it happened to you and how did you solve it? I submited a bug report to apple anyway.


EDIT: added code



Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSOutlineView', reason: 'NSOutlineView error removing child indexes <NSIndexSet: 0x7fbbe99f08c0>[number of indexes: 1 (in 1 ranges), indexes: (11)] in parent 0x0 (which has 11 children).'
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called


I tried to reinstall preview using this guide http://ift.tt/1AWaLVO from fresh Yosemite installation, without any result, it still crashes.


EDIT: Seems like this is not only related to text searching: preview crashing with yosemite and mavericks





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire