jeudi 15 janvier 2015

iTunes and XCode not recognising devices after disconnected, until restart


I have a problem which requires I regularly restart my iMac, up to several times a day, to get devices recognised.


When I re-connect a device, iPhone, iPad or iPod, I regularly get the message:


iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. This device is no longer connected.


They no longer show up as active devices in XCode.


When I plug a phone in, it asks me to confirm it should Trust this computer but that doesn't make any difference.


Note that this is on re-connection. The devices are fine up until the point when I disconnect them. That doesn't change whether I "eject" them from iTunes or not.


Modal nature of problem


It seems that after this problem has started occurring, plugging any new devices in suffers a similar problem.


The problem survived a system restore from backup, which returned some 50GB of space to me. It originally showed up in Mavericks and I have since done an in-place upgrade to Yosemite. It's a [mid-2011 iMac 21.5"][1] with four USB ports.


The problem occurs regardless of whether the devices are connected directly into a USB port on the iMac or via the keyboard's extra ports. The devices are all getting power and show up on the System Report as being connected, eg:



USB2.0 Hub:

Product ID: 0x0608
Vendor ID: 0x05e3 (Genesys Logic, Inc.)
Version: 77.60
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0xfd140000 / 6
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

iPhone:

Product ID: 0x12a8
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
Version: 7.01
Serial Number: 52c05c8223d3efc793f2815e9d3dbcc018805880
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Location ID: 0xfd143000 / 10
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire