samedi 24 janvier 2015

Issues with Introducing a new iTunes server into a working Home Share network


I'm attempting to setup an 'always on' Windows 7 PC running iTunes 12 (iTunes Server) on my home LAN. I currently have an apple tv3, ipad and Windows 7 PC running iTunes 12 on the network. All are working correctly with Home Share.


So, i've now closed iTunes on the existing windows PC. I've rebooted the iTunes Server and started up iTunes. After hours of messing with things, neither my iPad nor my apple TV will recognize the Home Share content.


I've run through the Troubleshooting guide a few times but without any luck (http://ift.tt/1L68qxk)


Possibly helpful information: * Using the same iTunes account on all devices including both iTunes installs * have disabled ipv6 on network interfaces of both PCs * Airplay works from iTunes Server to apple tv * All s/w has been updated to the latest versions, network connectivity verified, etc * Not using a home share password * Have disabled windows firewall on iTunes Server for all networks


Also, I ran iTunes Diagnostic test and compare results between two iTunes installs. Only expected differences (IP Addresses, PC graphics i/f differences, etc) seen. All else was identical as far as i could see.


I'd be interested if anyone has suggestions on what to try next.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire