mercredi 21 janvier 2015

How do I resize an ex-CoreStorage volume?


I've got a Macbook Pro Retina (with the PCIe drive ‘blade’, instead of a traditional 2.5" laptop drive). I've recently upgraded the internal drive from 500GB to 1TB, and dd'd the old drive over the new one to retain my partition setup and Bootcamp partition.


Unfortunately, this didn't go well: for whatever reason, OS X wouldn't recognize, once I'd booted up on the new 1TB drive, that there was 500GB of new space available. It was showing up in Disk Utility as greyed-out space.


To aid in debugging this, I wiped out the Bootcamp partition entirely (I have backups. I intend to restore that later, once I've got the drive fixed up from within OS X.); and eventually, after getting fed up trying to get diskutil cs resizeStack to work, I diskutil cs revert'ed the boot volume entirely.




Now I have this situation:



> diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Fannie's HD 499.4 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
> diskutil cs list
No CoreStorage logical volume groups found
> diskutil resizeVolume disk0s2 limits
For device disk0s2 Fannie's HD:
Current size: 499.4 GB (499418034176 Bytes)
Minimum size: 330.0 GB (329959456768 Bytes)
Maximum size: 499.4 GB (499418034176 Bytes)



After trying to drag the single partition in Disk Utility from 500GB up to 1TB, and then clicking ‘apply’, the process appears to proceed, and complete; but as soon as the completion message appears in the bottom-right, the partition map reverts to what you see in the screenshot. It never succeeds in re-sizing to 1TB. (Here's the verbose log, along with some other details obtained from the command-line.)


(Attempting to do the same from the recovery partition's Disk Utility gives an ‘Error: could not unmount disk.)


At this point, all I want in the world, is to re-size the single partition on my drive from 500GB to fill the available 1TB of space. Once I succeed with this, I'll be able to convert it to a CoreStorage volume, encrypt it, partition for Bootcamp and such.


Please help!


Edit: Other posts I've read through: Christian's, and Chrisii's summary of undocumented CoreStorage commands





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire