dimanche 25 janvier 2015

fsck not working to fix corrupted external drive [duplicate]



This question already has an answer here:




I am using an early 2011 MacBook Pro with the Mavericks OS.


This question is regarding an EXTERNAL DRIVE and not my computer's hard disk. As far as I know, being in Single User mode has no effect on this, therefore, I would think this is not a duplicate of the question asked here:


One of my external drives with all my photos stopped working - it does not mount, even though I see it in Disk Utility. Using DU I tried to verify and repair the disk and got this message:


'Invalid B-tree node size'


Following the advice in this link:


I tried to list my drives with the Terminal command


df -hl


The specificied disk was not in the list When I tried the suggested tail command


tail -f /var/log/fsck_hfs.log


I saw the name of the disk as



/dev/rdisk3s2: ** The volume could not be verified completely.


Following that, I used this command (also suggested in the above link)


sudo fsck_hfs -r -d /dev/disk3s2


Instead of the expected proper outcome, what I received was an error message in Terminal as below:



inancs-MacBook-Pro:~ INCA$ sudo fsck_hfs -r -d /dev/disk3s2
Password:
journal_replay(/dev/disk3s2) returned 0
** /dev/rdisk3s2
Using cacheBlockSize=32K cacheTotalBlock=65536 cacheSize=2097152K.
Executing fsck_hfs (version hfs-226.1.1).
** Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
Invalid B-tree node size
(3, 0)
** The volume could not be verified completely.
volume check failed with error 7
volume type is pure HFS+
primary MDB is at block 0 0x00
alternate MDB is at block 0 0x00
primary VHB is at block 2 0x02
alternate VHB is at block 1464477326 0x574a268e
sector size = 512 0x200
VolumeObject flags = 0x07
total sectors for volume = 1464477328 0x574a2690
total sectors for embedded volume = 0 0x00
CheckHFS returned -1317, fsmodified = 0


What are my options? I have Data Rescue but not Disk Warrior (low on budget these days). Is there a possibility to fix the drive?


If not, and if I can rescue my data and put it on a different disk, is it safe to format the current drive and re-add my photos or should i stay away from this disk?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire