samedi 24 janvier 2015

Flashing folder at start up, all recommended troubleshooting has failed


I really hope someone might be able to help with this cause I am getting frustrated beyond belief.


I have a MacBook Pro with Mavericks OS X 10.9. About a week ago it crashed while I was printing, first my desktop went gray while still displaying my desktop folders and froze. I manually shut it off and upon restart I got the flashing folder with a question mark.


so far my steps have been:


Holding shift at start up - the screen stays grey and freezes (doesn't even get as far as the flashing folder)


command + R - continues into internet recovery mode


disk utility - Disk0 and mac OS X base system are available




  • under base system / first aid / verify disk - I get an all green and no repairs are needed




  • under erase and restore - all options are grayed out




when closing out of the OS X Utilities window and going into start up disk - no disk is available


Reinstall OS X - I am able to get though licensing agreement and then it stops on selecting the disk to install on because no disk options show up and there is no searching indicator or failed message.


I have taken my hard drive out and placed it in an enclosure where I was able to access and copy the files through the USB on an older laptop that is running Snow Leopard.


As far as I can tell, my hard drive is fine, all the files were available, there are no strange sounds while it is spinning and I am completely at a loss. Please Please Pleeeeease help....?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire