mercredi 7 janvier 2015

Difference between MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011 MC700LL/A and current model 13" / 13" retina?


I want to buy a "new" MacBook to replace my white MacBook 13" (Mid 2007), which makes me mad especially because of its limited RAM (only 3 GB possible).


I want to buy a MacBook Pro 13" and I'm not sure if it is worth taking a really new model (13" or 13" retina) or maybe buying a used one which might be much cheaper.


I saw a MacBook MC700LL/A MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011" 2.3 GHz (8 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD built-in later) and I wonder how much it is different from the current "normal" 13" MacBook Pro which seems to be nearly unchanged since 2012.


My question


I can compare the technical specs, but I am not sure



  • how much difference they will make in my daily life and especially if I could maybe regret to buy a MacBook with an older USB/Airport/Bluetooth standard...

  • if there are other differences / disadvantages of the older model

  • How much "better" the smallest current MacBook Pro 13" Retina model would be compared to the 2 of them - which use cases would justify buying this one?


Use case


I'm currently using my MacBook mainly for



  • E-Mail and Web-Browsing (the latter makes my old MacBook nearly unusable, as Safari with some open Tabs regularly blocks all my RAM after a short while and I have to close it)

  • Office Applications and LaTeX

  • working with large databases (file size many GB)


In the future, I'd also like to do (private) graphics and video editing and "multimedia stuff".


Differences from my point of view between used MacBook Pro Early 2011 and current MBP 13" 2012:




  • new MacBook is really new, has warranty and a new battery

    (the used one is already nearly 4 years old)




  • the technical specs (see screenshot below) seem to be very similar to each other, differences are mainly CPU speed, USB and Bluetooth standards




source: http://ift.tt/1wu8P2W


rows with differences in specs are highlighted in blue!


enter image description here enter image description here


Comparison between all 3 models:


source: http://ift.tt/1xHEx0W


enter image description here enter image description here





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire