mardi 27 janvier 2015

Customize Dictation to run AppleScript for Specific Monitor


I've enabled Dictation for command prompts via voice [got it from the OS shipped Chess application in Lion]. Decided to give it a go System Wide now in 2015 running Yosemite. I fancy it so far, certainly looks better and performs better as opposed to Lion (which should be the case) There are a few customizable options when you 'Enable Advanced Commands' like open file, run workflow, open application, paste text, paste data, & keyboard shortcut.


However, call me lazy but it's still something that matters to me, I frequent Netflix & Hulu and other websites at minimum 4 times a day. I would like to add a functional command that will automatically open a webpage correlating to that command. since open file is different than run file, i'm trying to autonomously open Safari + the name of the website in URL form with dictation? The good thing about this is it automatically makes whatever application you reference the front-most window. So coding should be minimal, and I really don't want to create a service for this [my services are growing, currently at +55 in total].


I am an Automator aficionado however, and well versed with it so I'm using the Dictation Command tool, but what i am not, is an AppleScript scholar. After reading through the applescript library for about 60 minutes i finally figured out how to open a new window of Safari, activate the application in case it was not open and launch the url:



tell application "Safari" to activate
tell application "Safari"
make new document with properties {URL:"http://netflix.com"}
end tell


Additionally, I have 3 monitors. I always have movies, tv etc played on Number 2! I tried putting Safari in the monitor 2 screen with applescript but as an iOS developer, in good conscience am too embarrassed to share my code, it's sloppy . Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Or does anyone know a more simplified way around all of this? I really want this to work. I am in the military so our rooms aren't that big so my 2nd monitor (27") is my tv, so I have created an iPhone app for my needs only that strictly simulates the double fn press needed to activate Dictation so I can watch tv from my bed [don't have apple tv].





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire