dimanche 11 janvier 2015

Cloning my SSD into bigger one


I have a 128gb SSD running MacOSX, I have another 2TB spinning disk too, I have a bunch of symlinks so that ordinary directories that do not need SSD speed are put on the 2TB disk (Downloads, Desktop, etc, for example).


I have purchased a bigger and faster SSD and I would like to replace my existing SSD with this new one.


I have set it up on an external disk mount that connects via USB, and cloned my main using Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDupper, with both I could not get it to BOOT after I replaced my main disk with the bigger one inside the casing.


What am I doing wrong? What I did: - Partition virgin SSD with 1 full size partition using disk utility with boot GUID Partition Table. - Use CCC or SupperDupper to clone it. - Open up machine, replace old SSD with new SSD. - Turn on computer.


It will always fail to boot. So I just go back to using my original SSD.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire