vendredi 16 janvier 2015

Can't install WordGrinder on Yosemite


Recently, I have been trying to install WordGrinder on Yosemite. First I tried getting the latest tar packages from the developers' website and using them, but I ran into some library linking errors with lua and ncursesw. I tried using MacPorts because I assumed that it would do all of that for me, but it turns out that the problems I encountered first were just confusion left over from some earlier dirty MacPorts installs - I ran port selfupdate and those went away. After yet more difficulty with MacPorts, I decided to reconsider building from source. But now, when I use make, I get the following series of errors:



Maat:wordgrinder-0.5.1 Matt$ make
CC .obj/release/src/c/arch/unix/cursesw/dpy.o
error: unable to open output file '.obj/release/src/c/arch/unix/cursesw/dpy.o': 'Error opening output file '.obj/release/src/c/arch/unix/cursesw/dpy.o': Permission denied'
1 error generated.
make: *** [.obj/release/src/c/arch/unix/cursesw/dpy.o] Error 1
Maat:wordgrinder-0.5.1 Matt$ sudo make
CC .obj/release/src/c/arch/unix/cursesw/dpy.o
src/c/arch/unix/cursesw/dpy.c:164:8: error: use of undeclared identifier 'KEY_EVENT'
case KEY_EVENT: return "KEY_EVENT";
^
1 error generated.
make: *** [.obj/release/src/c/arch/unix/cursesw/dpy.o] Error 1
Maat:wordgrinder-0.5.1 Matt$

First, I have to use sudo to get the compiler to access the output file (I don't think I am supposed to have to do that, but not the main issue), and then, when I do, I run into the other one, about the "use of undeclared identifier 'KEY_EVENT'". I went over the makefile and the README.Unix several times, but I can't make head nor tail of it. I read in another, unrelated issue with installing WordGrinder on OS X that "building on Mac is a pig," and now I can't help but agree. What is going wrong, and how can I get WordGrinder to install properly on OS X?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire