jeudi 15 janvier 2015

Bind a series of keystrokes to a hotkey


I want to take a sequence of keypresses (including modifiers) and define a single keyboard shortcut to execute the sequence. Can I do that?


I use OneNote for Mac. Notebook navigation by keyboard kinda sucks. In particular there's no easy way to move between tabs on a given notebook.


OneNote lets me press ctrl-tab twice to move focus to the tabset, arrow up or down to select a tab, and shift-ctrl-tab twice to put focus back on the page. I'd like to define shortcuts for a previous-tab and a next-tab action.


Automator doesn't seem to let me define keyboard shortcuts as steps in a process. Am I getting into AppleScript territory here? Are there any third-party tools that'll help?


Ideally I'd like the shortcut keys to only work in OneNote.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire