samedi 3 janvier 2015

Any risks/disadvantages of using MacBook Pro as a desktop?


I have used iMac or Mac Pro for my Desktop system for the past 5 years but now consider replacing them with MacBook Pro Retina in desktop environment. The reason is mostly because I don't like bigger screens; 11 ~ 13inch for mobile and 15 ~ 21inch for desktop is the best combination for me. Also, I prefer the amalgamation of keyboard and trackpad as seen in the MacBook line.


However, I wonder there are any disadvantages of using MacBook Pro as desktop. Especially, because I have to open the laptop and run the system for the whole day/week/month, which is the way I have used Mac Pro or iMac, I'm worried how it influences the internal battery.


Is there any serious risk - e.g. increased chance of breakdown, or explosion or ignition for the worst - of letting MacBook Pro to run the system permanently, keep connecting it always to the AC adapter, and rarely shut down the system? Or does it just lead to the exhaustion of the battery life?


For your information I use 13' MacBook Pro Retina in mobile environment. I just want to use 15' MBP Retina as desktop and won't use it outside of home.


UPDATED


I want to handle my Mac much like President Obama does, which is the most comfortable posture for me...


enter image description here





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire