lundi 1 décembre 2014

Yosemite won't uncompress .zip files when I double-click on them


I recently upgraded to Yosemite (10.10.1). Today I tried to unzip a .zip file for the first time since upgrading.


I already had 4 or so unzipping apps that worked just fine on my previous OS X, so I just double-clicked on the .zip, and Yosemite tried to open the .zip with the default unzip app.


Unfortunately, I then discovered that the default unzip app and all of my other ones were not compatible with 10.10.


I checked online and found that according to Apple, in 10.10, to unzip a .zip, you just double-click on the file and Yosemite would unzip it for you.


However, whenever I double-clicked on the .zip, Yosemite would only try to open it with the incompatible default unzip app.


So I deleted all my unzip apps and rebooted.


When I then checked my .zip files, I noticed they all were defaulting to open with TextEdit. When I double-clicked one .zip file, I got this message:


enter image description here


When I double-clicked another .zip file, I got this message:


enter image description here


So the question is does anyone know how to get Yosemite to open a .zip given this situation?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire