vendredi 5 décembre 2014

why wont my wifi sharing let me connect other devices to the internet?


I have my note 4 tethered to my mac through usb. (Tmobil unlimited data, plus 3 gig hotspot). I set up wifi sharing pn mac going from ethernet adaptor(en3) to wifi and ethernet. I can not get anything to connect to my shared wifi or from the ethernet. I try to get my netgear neo to connect and it says it connects but then it says that there is no internet connection. It times out or says failed. I also have an android tablet and an ipad2 that I have tried to connect with no luck. I can see that the wifi from the other devices and it does seem to connect just not get to the internet. I have searched everywhere trying to find a solution. Now I will say this: if I just use my phone as a hotspot and not a tethered usb hotspot, I can get everything to connect directly to my phone with no problem. So it has to be something I am overlooking on my mac. The arrow is showing proving that I am indeed sharing, I just cant get the internet to go through with the other devices.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire