mercredi 17 décembre 2014

USB 3.0 Card on a 2008 Mac Pro running Yosemite 10.10


I have a 2008 Mac Pro that I used to have a USB 3.0 card installed on that has stopped working with each OS release and is dependent on the use of a Kext Wizard which can create compatibility and sometimes other issues that make it more difficult to troubleshoot and lag a couple months behind a release of the OS update as well as getting rid of the kexts can be a pain if they are creating conflicts.


The card I have does not have an FCC ID or brand label on it and is simply labeled as "USB 3.0" with 2 USB 3.0 ports. The single chip on it says:



D720200AF1 112EV073G CHINA



Those that I have looked at already:



  1. The LaCie USB 3.0 LaCie ExpressCard for Mac has not had a driver update in 2+ years.

  2. The Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 on Amazon card looks physically the same as the unmarked board I have but with additional printing.

  3. There are some cards on eBay that claim to use the NEC/RENESAS chip or same specifications but it looks the same as the card I have and as the Sonnet card and sound like they require a Kext. Note I got my card from eBay years ago as well


I am looking for a specific card by an established vendor for the 2008 Mac Pro to get USB 3.0 speeds (not just a 2.0 with some boost, but true USB 3.0) that doesn't require the use of Kext Wizards and as much chasing of emulation drivers used in Hackintoshes and has been confirmed to work with Yosemite.


Has anyone found that that exists?


Note: I realize 10.10 Yosemite will likely be the last to support the 2008 Mac Pro but the system still is going strong and close comparable benchmarks to my 2012 & 2013 ones so I would like to continue to use it as long as possible.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire