lundi 15 décembre 2014

OSX hangs on startup after large file search caused a crash (Mavericks 10.9.5)


Well, my computer won't startup. Gray screen on regular startups, black screen with no cursor on safe mode startup.


It started after a everything froze while performing a massive file search in finder. I was looking through all pictures before Jan. 1st last year -- gigs and gigs and gigs of data -- and I was in the Cover Flow view. I noticed everything was slowing down, and while I was browsing, I tried opening a couple files, both in preview and in Photoshop. Both programs hung and eventually crashed.


Eventually, finder itself froze completely. I hard reset. Now, nothing boots.


I've tried moving the preferences files from Library/Preferences (finder, dock, systempreferences), no go. I tried moving the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist file and /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist file. No go.


I deleted all the caches from /Library, /System/Library, and /Users/myusername/Library/Caches.


Checked my hard drive with fsck and everything is fine. Also tried /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs. Nada.


My last line in my boot log is UserEventAgent[11]: Captive: CNPluginHandler en1: Inactive.


If I boot to safe mode, the progress bar loads, it hangs on the gray screen for a while, it flashes blue for a split second and then hangs on the black screen.


Regular boot just hangs on the gray screen.


Any ideas?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire