lundi 29 décembre 2014

Making changes to the Modern Lines theme in Aperture


I've been using Aperture for a while and am at a stage where I would like to put a book together using the built in software. From the few online reviews I can find, it seems to be a very high quality service.


Modern Lines is the theme that works best for me, but as with all the themes, there are some layouts that leave a lot to be desired.


A good example of what I'm trying to achieve is to take the "4 up" page and instead of being four 6x4 landscape photos, make it more like 2 16x9 landscape photos and 2 6x4 portrait photos.


so from:



|-------| | |-------|
| | | | |
|-------| | |-------|
|
-----------------------
|
|-------| | |-------|
| | | | |
|-------| | |-------|


to:



|-----------| | |---|
| | | | |
|-----------| | |---|
|
-----------------------
|
|-----------| | |---|
| | | | |
|-----------| | |---|


This is easy enough to do with the actual photo boxes, but the grid lines between the photos just don't seem to be editable. I can scale the grid, but not re-size. Hoping someone can give me an idea on how to handle this situation or is it just a case of finding another tool/theme that can do this?


iPhoto seems to handle the situation with photos better (but not perfectly) by re-sizing the photo boxes to be the correct orientation, but I guess Aperture gives you much greater control over these things and so doesn't take care of this for you.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire