vendredi 19 décembre 2014

Macbook Pro not detecting bootable USB with Yosemite


I created a Yosemite boot USB, from the App Store version 10.10.1.


When I hold option during Boot, the USB drive doesn't show up on the menu.


I have an aluminium MBP, bought in 2009. It is the full body aluminium with the Superdrive.


Per Apple, this is my machine:



MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)


The only drives I see when holding down option are Macintosh HD and Recovery. When I try to run recovery, it runs for a little and then goes to a "no" symbol, with the spinner still spinning. I am concerned that the HD may be dead/dying, but I don't want to jump to that conclusion yet.


How do I either boot to my USB, or just get a restore done?


I have already successfully backed up my files. I just want to restore the machine.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire