mardi 30 décembre 2014

Macbook Pro doesn't boot with replacement battery. 15 inch late 2011


I bought this replacement battery for my 15 inch Macbook Pro late 2011:


http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00OD7OHLY/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1419964742&sr=1&keywords=macbook+pro+late+2011+battery


My old battery still works but has a life of under an hour now. After replacing the battery and plugging in, the light on the power cable stays green, rather than turning orange to indicate that the battery is charging. When I try to boot the computer, it chimes and starts to boot, but quickly dies. The battery indicator lights on the side did not work at all, until I tried resetting the SMC, after which one light lit up and stayed on. No change to the booting behavior after resetting the SMC.


I put the old battery back in and everything works normally, so it must be an issue with the new battery. What I'm confused about is, even if the battery is a complete dud, shouldn't the computer still boot if it is plugged in?


Does this sound like a problem with the battery, or is there something other than the SMC I can try resetting?


Macbook Pro 15 inch, late 2011, Yosemite 10.10.1





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire