dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Late 2006 IMAC, no OS loaded, how to boot to reinstall


I was given a late 2006 IMAC with the hard drives erased and no OS loaded. the IMAC boots to flashing folder. I purchased a MAC OS Tiger Install DVD but it is not bootable. I also have a MAC OS Leopard CPU Drop in DVD that will boot to the installation menu but will not install because 10.4 is not found on the HD.


I ave a Macbook Pro with Yosemite loaded and purchased thunderbolt firewire adapter and firewire 800 to 400 cable to connect to the IMAC. I put the IMAC in target mode and partitioned the HD into two partitions and copied the MAC OS Tiger install DVD to partition 1. on the MBP in Finder I can see on the IMAC the Tiger install DVD loaded onto the partition 1 but in Finder the Install MAC OS has a slash through it. When I double click the Install MAC OS Icon I get a pop-up when on the MBP saying Power PC Applications are not supported so i cannot run the Install MAC OS.


Is there some other way to get MAC OS Tiger installed on the IMAC since the MBP cannot run the Install MAC OS on the IMAC?


I know the IMAC is old and slow but I am interested in getting it working to use for my kids and for storage plus it is a good learning experience in working on MACs. thanks Mark





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire