samedi 13 décembre 2014

iPhone (iOS) mistakes my router (mifi) as needing a login page


When using my iOS 8 iPhone 6 with a cellular mifi, it sometimes thinks this device has some sort of webpage login page, the way public wifi does (I guess sometimes called a landing page). However, it does not. Is there a way in iOS I can mark a SSID as never needing a login page?


I suspect the reason it does this is this:



  1. The mifi gives out DHCP before it has connected to the internet via cellular

  2. iOS sees that it has a local IP address but can't reach the interent via some sort of test

  3. Thus iOS assumes this is a scenario where you have to login, and tries to bring up a landing page - its blank but has the domain name that the router uses a shortcut to get to its web interface


Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire