dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Installing OpenVAS on Mac: openvas-nvt-sync does not see md5sum


I am installing OpenVAS on my MacBook Pro 10.10.1 using MacPorts.


I got to the step of downloading the test database:



$ sudo openvas-nvt-sync


The command gave the following output with error



OpenVAS NVT Sync $

Configured NVT Feed: rsync://rsync.openvas.org:/nvt-feed
Synchronized into: /opt/local/lib/openvas/plugins

Searching for required system tools ...
Error: MD5SUM not found


I then installed coreutils via Macports



$ sudo port install coreutils


and added the following to my path



/opt/local/libexec/gnubin


the command which md5sum returns the correct path



$ which md5sum
/opt/local/libexec/gnubin/md5sum


I then ran openvas-nvt-sync again with no success. I even tried adding the path to /etc/profile as I thought it might be a user based issue.


Additionally, looking at the openvas-nvt-sync source code, I can see that it does use the output of which md5sum as the test for md5sum being available on the system.


Any ideas? Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire