vendredi 5 décembre 2014

Install Mavericks on second partition in Yosemite-only system?


I have a 2012 MacBook Pro (so yes it's capable of Mavericks). I have only Yosemite currently installed on the drive. I have an app I need to run that does not seem to properly support Yosemite, so I want to install Mavericks on a second partition to setup a dual boot environment.


I do not presently have access to a spare USB drive that can be erased to create installation media nor do I have any blank double-layer DVD discs.


I have already used disk utility to resize and create my extra partition. However, I am not able to actually start the OSX Mavericks installation. The error is "This copy of the Install OS X application is too old to be opened on this version of OS X."


I need to get this done for a college project due in the next couple of days and won't have access to a flash drive that can be erased and used for install media within that time. Is there anything I can do, say from the terminal, to force the installation of Mavericks to proceed onto the second partition?


Thanks





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire