jeudi 25 décembre 2014

I cannot open a Partition of a Harddrive when Shared


I've partitioned 0.75TB of external harddrive space for photo backups, which is shared on the network with a PC. However when shared I am unable to open the folder in Finder, as it will hang for 2 seconds and crash - even when nobody is accessing it.


I've tried using a different filesystem, but none seem to avail. I seem to be able to access it on the PC just fine.


The full external harddisk is 2 TB, split into:



  • 1TB - Extra Storage

  • 0.75TB - "Photos"

  • 0.25TB - Time Machine Backup (I tried accessing the folder while and after the backup was running)


Any help would be appreciated.


(Edit: I should note that I can access the folder via other methods (the "select a folder" screen and Terminal, for example))





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire