mercredi 17 décembre 2014

How to remove 'steamclean' application


At my school we are given Macbook airs for school, and recently IT has deployed an application called steamclean, located under /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/steamclean


Its intent is to prevent the use of Steam. Whenever you run steam, this application will run and then completely delete steam.


I have tried a lot of things. At first, renaming Steam.app to something else would work, as long as it wasn't named 'Steam.app'


However, now no matter what it's called, when you try to run steam it will stop responding and delete.


I have tried to delete steamclean using



launchctl remove com.valvesoftware.steamclean


and then reinstalling steam, but steamclean reinstalls itself as well.


I have also tried corrupting steamclean by editing its raw code, but again, it reinstalled itself with a working copy and was able to delete steam again.


I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what I can do to permanently remove this app from my computer, or if there is a quick go-around for this so that I can use steam again.


Heres a screenshot of what comes up after steam stops responding enter image description here





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire