lundi 1 décembre 2014

How to give different icons and titles to simultaneously running instances of Firefox


I often run two different instances of Firefox. I do this essentially1 by running the following in Terminal (which I always have running):



/Applications/http://ift.tt/1f3ARxe -P -no-remote &>/dev/null &


...and picking one of several profiles I have previously set up. This works great.


The only problem is that the various instances of Firefox show up as identical-looking icons in the App Switcher (aka +tab), Dock, Activity Monitor, Force Quit (aka ++esc), etc.


Also, the title that shows up next to the icon when it has the focus is the same ("Firefox") for every instance.


I'd like to assign different icons or titles (preferably both) to each instance. How can I do this?




1Actually, I don't type all that every time; I've assigned the command to a short shell alias.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire