lundi 15 décembre 2014

How do I properly force osx to reload the Info.plist file of an application?


I way trying to use defaults to modify the Info.plist file of an app, but after such command, osx does not reload modified Info.plist.


I've tried to move the app around and reboot, as mentioned somewhere else as a way to force osx to reload Info.plist, but failed.


So here's the problem, How do I force osx to reload the Info.plist file of an app?




Specifically here is what I want to achieve:


Currently the flash in Firefox runs in low resolution when in fullscreen mode, to fix this I need to make the http://ift.tt/1wDzInj HiDPI compatible.


According to this, after this command:


defaults write /Application/Firefox/Contents/MacOS/http://ift.tt/1wDzIDz NSHighResolutionCapable true


I should be able to uncheck the "Open in Low Resolution" checkbox. But no, modifed plugin-container.app still has a greyed-out checkbox in its info panel. Rebooting does not solve the problem.


Here's the wired part: I moved the modified plugin-container.app to somewhere else, then I was able to uncheck that checkbox. But I moved it back and that checkbox became greyed-out again.


An work-around I found is



  • copy another app to /Application/Firefox/Contents/MacOS/ and renamed it to plugin-container.app (I call this the "fake plugin-container.app"),

  • then replace fake one with the modified one.


In this way I can have the "Open in Low Resolution" checkbox back and am able to uncheck it, but system doesn't update the app icon after replacing, so now the app icon of the modified plugin-container.app is still the one of the fake plugin-container.app. A problem is fixed but another is created.


So what is the proper way to have the system reload the Info.plist?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire