dimanche 21 décembre 2014

How do I convert from Case-Insensitive to case-sensitive in 10.8


I just got a new (well refurbished) MacBook Pro running 10.8.3. I am a programmer, so I have need of a case-sensitive filesystem. It is fresh and I am reluctant to upgrade it or do much with it until I can change the partition to be case-sensitive.


To be sure, I ran "diskutil info disk0s2" on it. Under filesystem personality it says "Journaled HFS+". Which I understand to be the case-insensitive format.


I have done a little research and supposedly iPartition can do it, but I am reluctant to buy it because I think it can be done without spending money. Even if it is a more complicated method. And because I just got it, so I am not afraid to reinstall Mac OS X if need be. I would just need a way to do it without a disk.


So, what is the quickest and easiest way to make the partition case-sensitive?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire