dimanche 21 décembre 2014

How can I repair a slightly scratched MacBook Air screen?


I have a mid-2011 MacBook Air, whose screen has attracted some unsightly but superficial scratches. They look like smudges, but I suspect a layer of coating (or similar) has come off.


Most likely, the scratches stem from frequent transport with the screen pressed to the keyboard.


Here is a sketch of the scratch areas:


Sketch of scratched MacBook Air screen


(Based on a photo of said screen. Shapes are correct, but color and intensity are exaggerated for readability.)


I hope the screen has a user-facing plastics film or layer.


Is there a way to replace (parts of) the screen to get rid of the scratches? I feel confident to do repairs myself and have done similar things in the past.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire