mardi 9 décembre 2014

Home folder not being created for network users


I'm in the process of reimaging 20 or so MacBooks (both classic white MacBooks and brand new MacBook Pros) for two classes at the school that I work at, and I'm encountering a major issue:


When logging on as a network user, the menu bar at the top of the screen refuses to show, and Finder continuously opens and crashes, repeating this loop over and over again.


I've noticed that, occasionally, a dialog box pops up for a short space of time, saying something about the home or Users folder being inaccessible. I've attached a screenshot (sorry about it being a photo. I was unable to take a screenshot, as the unavailable home folder meant I had nowhere to save the screenshot file. Instead, I had to take a photo on my phone as soon as the error message appeared).


This also stops users from saving documents locally, as there are no Documents, Desktop, etc. directories present for users to save their files to.


After logging out of a network account, I've logged on under the local admin account, and run ls /Users. There is no directory for the user who had just logged in and out, only the admin, and the accounts left over from the imaging process.


I've noticed that running the command chflags nohidden /Users works a lot of the time. However, I don't think it's a permanent fix; one laptop which I previously thought was fixed through this method came back to me today with the same problem happening again. Running the command again doesn't fix it, either.


I'm guessing that the issue is either related to the account server (Active Directory, possibly users' home directories not being mounted or accessible from the server) or the image itself.


This happens on every re-imaged Mac without fail, and the error only occurs only for network users; the local administrator account can log in successfully and not encounter this error.


I'd be happy to provide more screenshots or run through some more troubleshooting if need be.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire