mardi 9 décembre 2014

FileVault Stuck on Pause


I just got a new 13" rMBP with Yosemite installed. I chose to enable FileVault when I set the machine up.


Now, several days later, an app called "Reverting from FileVault" shows on the list of apps consuming a lot of energy.


I check FileVault in System Preferences, and it says "Encryption paused," followed by "Connect power adapter to resume encryption." Connecting the power adapter makes no difference, even though the machine recognizes that it's charging.


I've found several threads describing this problem, but no solutions.



I've tried clearing the PRAM, going into Recovery Mode, repairing the disk and repairing permissions. Nothing has worked. I can't stop FileVault from Terminal (the output is simply "..."), and when I try to enable it, it says it's already on.


Any suggestions? The machine is brand new, so there isn't a HUGE amount of data on it (nor are there any Time Machine backups), but I'd like to avoid having to wipe the drive.


If there's nothing I can do, does Apple have a history of issuing hotfixes for these sort of issues?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire