vendredi 12 décembre 2014

Ethernet cannot see RTA1025W modem (wi-fi can)


At home I have a Dynalink RTA1025W DSL modem.



  • MBP can obtain IP via WiFI

  • MBP cannot see modem or get IP via ethernet.

  • Ubuntu/Win7/Win8 can get IP via the same ethernet cable & modem.


At work:



  • MBP can see the LAN and obtain IP via ethernet using the same USB ethernet adapter.


When I'm at home and I attempt to get an IP address via ethernet, I open the network preferences | USB Ethernet | Advanced | Renew DHCP Lease. It thinks about it for a second, then puts focus in the box titled "DHCP Client ID", as if it expects me to type something.


The status remains "cable unplugged".


If I try to ping my router's address (192.168.1.1) no route is found.


I have tried many different cables, all otherwise known to be working.


Occasionally, the network config will decided to allocate a self-assigned IP, which is not helpful. It does this at random times without any prompting from me.


I have tried the following without success:



  • deleting and re-adding the USB Ethernet interface

  • creating a new network "location"

  • removing the file com.apple.plf.plist

  • assigning manually an IP from the valid range


Any other advice?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire