mardi 23 décembre 2014

Do I need to get separate SATA cables to upgrade my SSD to another SSD, and my optical drive to an HDD?


I have a 13" mid 2012 MacBook Pro, and I want to upgrade the storage capabilities. Specifically, I want to replace my 125 GB SSD with a 250 GB SSD, and my optical drive with a 1 TB HDD.


The SSD inside my MacBook already has a cabinet, I assume. Hence, I do not need to get another cabinet for the new SSD. I can use the same SATA cable too, correct? However, I need a cabinet for the HDD, and I was thinking of getting an OptiBay for my unibody Mac. I will need a new SATA cable to connect the new HDD, though, right? Do I need some kind of special SATA cable, or will any do? How long does it need to be? About 10-15 cm?


As for tools, I think all I need is a regular X screwdriver and a Torx size 6.


Have I assessed my needs correctly? I want to have everything in order before I begin the procedure.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire