mardi 2 décembre 2014

Dialing from MacBook shows that my iPhone is already on a call


When using the new continuity feature in OS X Yosemite together with my iPhone 5S running iOS 8, I can't dial from my MacBook. Here's what I do:



  • Both devices are on the same Wifi network

  • Both devices are logged in using the same iCloud/Apple ID

  • On the MacBook, I open FaceTime and type a phone number into the search field

  • Next, I click the phone icon next to the number and select the "Call Using iPhone option"

  • A popup is shown indicating that the phone is dialing the number


After a couple of seconds, the following message is shown:


iPhone in Use


The message says: "iPhone in Use. Your iPhone is already on a call." I'm pretty sure that my phone is not on a call at this point.


Clicking the "Try Again" option provides the same result.


What am I doing wrong?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire