mardi 30 décembre 2014

Can I get less(1) to display the final line, without selecting it?


When less(1) is looking at a file with a long name, pressing = updates only the final line on screen.


For example, with the Terminal window at 80 columns and 27 rows (the default, I think), if I do:



less /Library/Updates/ProductMetadata.plist


and then press =, the bottom line says:



ss RETURN)


and the rest of the window doesn't change at all. I know it knows that the other lines have different text now, though, because if I select the text with the mouse, the last two lines become:



/Library/Updates/ProductMetadata.plist lines 1-22/14295 byte 649/917106 0% (pre
ss RETURN)


Is there any way to set up less(1) or Terminal.app so it doesn't require me to fiddle with it in order to see longer filenames?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire