lundi 15 décembre 2014

Am I supposed to buy a Macbook?


I'm a software developer, thinking about buying a new laptop. I've been using Thinkpad laptops (with Ubuntu)all the time, such as X220 / X240. This time I take Macbook as one of the options out there, but here I want to make clear some of my concerns about Macbook.


I mainly use laptops for: 1. Software developping C/C++/Python/Shell (under Linux OS). 2. Data mining, machine learning, nlp ... I need to run many algorithms and models about machine learning, so I expect the performance of the desired laptop being good (or at least not too bad). 3. Web browsing, music, video, rarely playing games


Concerns about Macbook: 1. Can I use it just like how I do in Linux? This may include, libraries and packages available in Linux also available in OS X, such as Linux multithreading pthread and Numpy stack packages. 2. The performance of MBA is much worse than MBP? I really really prefer MBA over MBP, because the design of MBA is so adorable, but I'm afraid that its performance is too bad. 3. Is it easy to install Ubuntu on a Macbook?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire