dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Option key boot selector suddenly failing


I have an early 2008 Mac Pro (12 GB, several hard disks). On OS X I run Yosemtite, On Bootcamp, Windows 7. All works fine. Yesterday I installed a "new" Radeon 5770 to replace the aged (and very slow) Radeon 2600 that came with the system. Installation was easy and the system came up perfectly. The one weird glitch is that pressing the Option key during boot up no longer works. Worked before but not now. Id I do press Option during boot (before or after the chime) the system just hangs and it never comes up. I have to turn the system off and back on. I use the Option feature frequently as I am a software developer and need to use both Mac and Windows.


Everything else works perfectly. I can boot into any of the four bootable partitions using the System preferences (OS X) or Bootcamp options (Windows).


Ideas? Suggestions?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire