dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Notes (Mac) can't connect to IMAP account, Mail can


Lately when I try to use the Notes app on Mac OS X 10.8.5, I get a message saying "Notes can't connect to the account JW IMAP", and asking for my password. If I enter the password, then a minute later the same error comes back.


I'm sure this has to do with the fact that my mail moved to a different server. But where is Notes getting the old information? If I choose the Accounts... menu item in Notes, it takes me to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars pane in System Preferences, which currently has nothing in it. If I click Add Other Account there, it takes me over to Mail, as if I were going to add a new Mail account. But Mail is already correctly connecting to the new server, I don't want a new account there!


I tried repairing disk permissions and it didn't help.


I'm tempted to nuke the Notes files in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes and see if it gets reconstructed.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire