dimanche 30 novembre 2014

$600 for a sticky spacebar?


I spilt a little bit of juice on my Macbook Pro keyboard which causes the spacebar to stick (it still works but is not so convenient to use). I took it to a non-official Mac service where they told me that it needed some cleaning that would cost around $60. Then I took it to an official Apple service where the guy without any deeper investigation told me that a brand new replacement top-case is required for $600. The computer is otherwise completely functional. I still have a warranty until February that would probably be void if a non-official service fixed it.


Do you think the $600 offer is realistic and this much has to be paid just to fix a sticky spacebar?


Update: my girlfriend accidently spilt a half glass of water on my keyboard, and after drying it, the stickiness vanished :D Gotta admit, Macbooks are of high quality and I should care more about my computer.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire